My name is Constantinos Sofikitis and I am a professional photographer. Member of LensCulture society (magnum), I am mostly interested in travel photography with an anthropocentric approach. My work has been published in various printed and electronic media, both Greek and international. I have also been taking part in various photographic exhibitions that are being hosted in well-known galleries both in Greece and abroad in other European countries.
In 2017 I won the 1st place in the Sony World Photography Awards (Open, Street Photography category) and I was voted as the best Greek photographer. I was also nominated for Best Photographer in the Open category at Sony World Photography Awards.
My individual participation in the 2017 Venice Biennale was one of the few solo Greek participations in such an important Art Biennale.
In 2014 I became the official photographer for Google Hellas, Tedx Athens, New Balance and Columbia Sportswear. Over the last few years, I have travelled to Peru, Bolivia, Colombia, Galapagos, Cuba, Vietnam, Central and South America, Iceland, Madagascar the Caribbean and almost all over Europe due to a number of photographic projects, capturing the local life and doing volunteer work.
Since 2011 with my brother we created a wedding and travel photography company, which offers its services within Europe, USA and Asia.
- Finalist , Lens Culture Street photography Awards 2019
- Finalist, Siena International Photo Awards 2019
- Winner, Open Competition, Street Photography, 2017 Sony World Photography Awards
- Winner, Greece National Award, 2017 Sony World Photography Awards
- Nominee the prestigious Sony World Photography Awards’ Open Photographer of the Year title
- Olympic Gallery, Marousi, 2022
- Stavros Niarchos Foundation Cultural Center Athens 2019 & 2022
- Zoumboulakis Galleries, Athens, 2019
- Mia Photo Fair, Milan, 2018
- European Cultural Centre, Venice Biennale, 2017
- Somerset House, London, 2017
- National Geographic
- CNN Travel
- CNN Greece
- BBC 2
- Newnight Show
- World Photographic Organization
- The Telegraph
- The Atlantic
- My Modern Met
- Huffington Post Κ (Kathimerini)
- TA NEA
- Greece Is (Kathimerini)